Wellmark Blue Cross And Blue Shield - Lied to and misinformed about coverage

We specifically asked customer service if a certain alcohol/drug treatment facility would be covered under the policy. We were told yes and were told specific amount we would be liable for.

A day after we took our son there we were told his treatment was not going to be covered. In the last two weeks I have been told by three customer service reps that it is supposed to be covered and now by three of them it is not. So we are looking at paying over $10,000 compared to a little over $1000. I am very angry about being lied to and not told upfront about all the if, ands, and buts about the coverage.

We would have explored other options. The only help I am getting from them now is being told to contact the facility and have them explore other options where the "level of care" might be covered. Oh and the facility now can give others the info they need to do a precert.

I can't get a straight answer about where is covered or why this facility isn't covered. The reasons they say aren't even true to this facility.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.